Boys Spring Lacrosse 2017 Developmental Program
Mission: To introduce boys to a lifetime sport activity through enjoyable developmentally appropriate activities. Activities will be performed both with and without sticks to further the player interest in skill development and to inspire continued participation in the sport of lacrosse.
Program objectives: Primary focus will be the development of a positive attitude toward the sport of lacrosse through fully engaged participation. Skill development is a desired outcome, but not a primary focus. Children don’t learn unless they enjoy learning. Skills are not developed unless players enjoy practicing.
- Ages 5-9 novice and “unskilled players”
- NO or limited experience with “structured” lacrosse skills/activities
- Program primarily focused as FUNN (Fundamental Understanding Not Necessary) skill and game concept development through small-sided game/activity engagement by all participants
- Practice sessions on Tuesday evenings 6-7 PM April 4th through May 23rd @ Brandywine High School fields
- Balance of random games and entry level skill development activities
Target population: Novice (1-2 years of experience), curious (never played a team sport before), sports-oriented, and active boys and ages 5-9.
Required equipment: Age appropriate boys and girls sticks cut to an appropriate length (stick should fit comfortably under players arm pit when held straight next to body).
US Lacrosse membership is a registration requirement (this is our insurance coverage). NO exceptions. CLICK HERE to register and receive a US Lacrosse membership number that is required to complete the registration process.
Registration: $85 online: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Questions? Email: [email protected]
Brandywine Black Hawks Spring 2017 Season
Now Open For Registration
NEW THIS YEAR – PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE!
- Season Dates: March 6th through June 1st
- Cost of Registration*:
- $100.00 Early Bird Registration* – Oct 1 through Nov 30
- $130.00 Regular Registration* – Dec 1 through Jan 15
- $150.00 Late Registration* – after Jan 15
- 9U, 11U, 13U and 15U – Practice twice per week (5:30 – 7 pm)
- 7U – Practice at BHS fields once per week (5:30 – 7 pm)
- 9U, 11U, 13U and 15U – Most games are played on Sundays
- 7U – Most games are played on Weekends
- Special referral bonuses for NEW players!
- New Online Team Store is available on our website
- Brand new website with our new logos and simple layout
The first step is to register for the current year** with US Lacrosse. Without your membership number, you will be unable to complete the registration process for Brandywine Lacrosse Club programs. Numbers will be validated with US Lacrosse. Membership must stay current for the entire season.
(If you are already a current member of US Lacrosse, please have your number available when registering for a program.)
Additional Fees Below:
* New players with Brandywine Lacrosse Club that will play on the 9U, 11U, 13U and 15U teams will be required to purchase a uniform. 2017 uniform cost is $90.00. Returning players who already have a current uniform from the prior season are not required to purchase a new one.
** All players are required to register with US Lacrosse prior to registering with Brandywine Lacrosse Club. The cost of registration is $30.00 per player. The US Lacrosse membership is valid for one year. If you played in spring you won’t need to renew until you register for this year’s Brandywine Lacrosse Club Spring season! Take advantage of the full year!
What are the registration fees used for?
Registration fees help to offset the costs of facilities and field rentals, officials’ fees, team equipment and balls, Website, administrative costs, coaching clinics, Background checks for all coaches and end-of-the-year parties.
Why do we need to register with US Lacrosse to play?
Our entire club: Players, coaches, board members and officials are all insured by US Lacrosse. This insurance is a requirement for the facilities we utilize. There is a link on BrandywineLacrosse.com for US Lacrosse. This will take you directly to US Lacrosse where you can secure a new number, or validate your player’s existing number, prior to registering with Brandywine Lacrosse Club.
What happens after we register?
You will receive a confirmation email verifying your successful registration. We urge you to “LIKE” us on Facebook (Brandywine Lacrosse Club Facebook Page) for updates. Please take a few moments to browse around and learn more at: BrandywineLacrosse.com.
You’ll always miss 100% of the shots… you never take.
Now is the time to talk to your friends and neighbors who may be interested in playing, or learning how to play, instructional Boys Lacrosse!
Brandywine Lady Hawks Spring 2017 Instructional Clinic
GIRLS! GIRLS! GIRLS! Brandywine Lacrosse Club is offering a clinic for K-5th graders! Join us and hone the lacrosse skills necessary for the development of female youth players. On field movement and explanation of field lines will be discussed as well as continued training on the core skills of cradling, passing, catching, and scooping.
This clinic consist of multi-player groups that will be oriented to promote lacrosse team building in the spirit of the BLC. There will be NO GAMES. This clinic is INSTRUCTIONAL ONLY and will involve no contact. BLC is looking forward to instilling a love for the sport of Girl’s Lax through positive coaching and early training.
The Instructional Program is perfect for girls who have no experience and girls who may have past experience, but are interested in strengthening their lacrosse skills.
- K – 5th Graders
- 8 sessions on Sundays from 1-2 p.m.
- $85.00 Program Fee
- Starting Sunday, March 19th
- Brandywine High School Fields
- Goggle rentals will be available for this clinic
- Limited Roster of 25 players